LISTEN TO THE CHILDREN
VIDEO CONTEST 2020 RULES & GUIDELINES
1. All entries must be a digital video (MP4, MOV).
- File Size should not exceed 130 MB.
- Submissions should be uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo with a private password and emailed to Dan@Flobel.org.
2. Each entry must use the song “Listen to the Children” by Dennis Yerry as its source material. This includes:
- Cover versions of the original song performed by the applicant. New verses added are welcome(ie. Rap, Bridge, etc).
- Music video versions of the original song. Videos using the original soundtrack allowed.
3. Submissions may be made by groups or individuals. (All ages.)
4. All entries should begin with a 5-second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information:
- LEAD PRODUCER’S NAME.
- ARTIST NAMES.
- TITLE OF VIDEO.
5. All information presented in the video must be cited, giving credit to the original source. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification.
8. Hired professional help is allowed as long as the team gets all of the rights in a work for hire agreement.
9. Submission Deadline: All entries must be submitted in the format stated above before 5 pm EST on 12/31/20.
- FIRST PLACE WINNER (1) : $2,500.00
- SECOND PLACE WINNER (1): $1,000.00
- THIRD PLACE WINNER (1): $500.00
11. The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. Florence Belsky Charitable Foundation will pay participants no additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances.
12. Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the project remains with the entrant, with the following exceptions.
- Entrants grant Florence Belsky Charitable Foundation the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- Entrants also grant Florence Belsky Charitable Foundation the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant.
- Florence Belsky Charitable Foundation maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venue.
All rights in the underlying song shall remain with Dennis Yerry.
13. By accepting the prizes, winners agree to hold Florence Belsky Charitable Foundation and all Florence Belsky Charitable Foundation employees harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the use of such prizes. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused by participation in the contest or use/redemption of any prize.
14. Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.